Help PsychopathFree with ongoing maintenance costs & remove these ads from your account with a small donation. Learn more
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hoarding

Hoarding

Didn't really know where to post this - P daddy and his long-term GF of 10+ years are both terrible hoarders. To the point where it is difficult to walk from one side of the room to the other. It was also unsafe to take my young daughter round there, before I went NC with them.

Both of them would be terribly offended if you called them dirty and wondered aloud why it was they had such a problem with mice.

Anyhow, here is an interesting BBC show on the subject of hoarders. I don't know where the people dealing with them got such patience, it would drive me batty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01hllr3/

2. Advertisement

Administrator
    NC Time
    52 Months

Liked
    53,491 times
    My psychopath mother is also a hoarder. She always had difficulty getting rid of things, throwing them out, or giving them away even if she no longer used them, because she "might need them someday." Even when she finally has given something away, like clothes that were too small, years later she'll mention that she should have kept them because she's lost weight. Never mind that the style went out in the 80's. But it's gotten worse and worse as she's aged, and things are piled up to the point of creating extra "aisles" between the stacks in her house. Her excuse is she doesn't have time any more to go through things or even clean. All of her time is spent taking care of Live-Stock Guardian Dogs that she rescues (also collects), which is a whole 'nother story in itself.:p It really is a filthy, toxic environment now, and would probably be condemned by the Health Department if they were called in.
    3 Likes: Omorika, SMI72, Victoria

Been there, done that, EARNED the T-Shirt.

How many dogs does she have? Animal hoarding is a separate but related condition!

Administrator
    NC Time
    52 Months

Liked
    53,491 times
    How many dogs does she have? Animal hoarding is a separate but related condition!
    I really don't know because she kind of keeps it that way. At any given time, at least 6 or 8 that are HERS. But she is a regional rescue coordinator and on the board of some group, so she is always in possession of dogs she is fostering while trying to find them homes. She ends up keeping the ones who are so old and sick or have a behavior problem, they wouldn't be adoptable. On top of that, she boards dogs for people on vacation, especially people who have adopted her previous foster dogs. She actually has an acre of property with boarding pens. Sounds like a noble cause and all, but she doesn't have the money for it. She has literally bankrupted herself doing this and it has consumed her life to the point she has no time or energy left to clean the inside of her house or have time for other people. And these are all very large breed dogs: Anatolian Shepherds, Hungarian Kuvasz, Great Pyranees, Akbash, Old English Sheep Dogs, so they are a lot of work and high maintenance. I know that she's had as many as 16-18 dogs on her property to care of at any given time. Oh, and here's some irony. She also does home inspections of adoption applicants to determine if their home environment and they would be suitable owners!:rolleyes: Ha, ha, ha......

I think P's like to be involved with noble causes.

a) Its good cover because it makes them look caring.

b) Plenty of access to caring types of people (victims).

P mummy works at a hospice. There she befriended other P's who are a veritable coven. People who are passionate about euthanasia (in the wrong way, i.e. excited by it). It is yuck.

Administrator
    NC Time
    52 Months

Liked
    53,491 times
    Animal rescue groups are also good places for them to wield their power, especially if they're in charge in some capacity. On top of that, she gets adulation and adoration from the people who adopt the dogs and the non-psychopaths in the organization who think she's just so wonderful, selfless and giving. She also gets to decide who gets the dogs and who doesn't, based solely on what she deems suitable! And then there are the dogs who give her unconditional love regardless of how she treats them. Cats would never put up with that.
    2 Likes: Omorika, SMI72

+ Reply to Thread