Help PsychopathFree with ongoing maintenance costs & remove these ads from your account with a small donation. Learn more
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psychopaths in the Court System / Divorce/Custody

NC Time
    3 Months

Liked
    2,656 times

Pensive

Psychopaths in the Court System / Divorce/Custody

I stumbled across this audio of a 1-hour blogtalkradio show with Sandra Brown, a psychopathologist. The topic is “Dealing with a Psychopath in Court”. Specifically, she interviews 3 people involved in high conflict divorce/custody cases with a partner who is a P.

I found the talk validating since I experienced similar things in the Court and the legal system. For me, it is comforting to know I’m not the only one and I am not imagining things.

I thought that anyone who is just starting or in the middle of a divorce/custody battle might find the discussion useful. But it is an hour long.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmu...opath-in-court
    Last edited by Looking4answers; 03-16-2014 at 11:08 PM.

2. Advertisement

Administrator
    NC Time
    16 Months

Liked
    16,502 times
    Thank you for posting this, @Looking4answers! I'm sure that it will be helpful to many, even if it is an hour long.
    Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace. --Dalai Lama

Contributing Member
    NC Time
    7 Months

Liked
    12 times

Angry
    Thanks for that Looking4answers....I am looking forward to listening...I have been divorced from my Narcissist/Psychopath/Sociopath for 2 years now, meaning my statute of limitations has run on my property settlement. However, I did discover that my property settlement was a total sham, a piece of fraud, by him, his lawyer and his dirty CPA. Yeah, I was an idiot....I was so beaten into the ground after 25 years of abuse, and isolation, as "suicide was option", when the Lord answered my prayers and I FINALLY got my divorce. However, because I had no spirit left, the N/P/S talked me into firing my attorney.....and I did,.....and I have not been able to forgive myself yet! It has taken these two years to get a sense of myself back, and with that knowledge of what he had done to me in my property settlement. I was lucky enough to secure a lawyer who is going to fight for me, and take this piece of CRAP to court for fraud! I have been doing some research on the psychopaths and the court system, and it is my understanding that the courts of full of N's, who always seem to come out smelling like a Rose! I am excited about finally getting my day in court, and need all the help I can get! Thanks again
    1 Like: HealingJourney

NC Time
    3 Months

Liked
    2,656 times

Pensive
    I was taken aback when I listened to the broadcast. I think it is true that it is a male dominated system and that it is unfriendly to women. But I was just dumfounded when I heard them talk about the evaluators. That evaluators would start out unbiased but then after meeting with the N/P, the evaluator would side with the N/P. I guess I always assumed naively that the evaluator would have some training about pathological personalities and would have the interests of the children as their primary goal. But it doesn't seem that way. And to hear the one person say that they went to the evaluators supervisor to complain and to be told that they don't remove an evaluator when there is an issue; that is blatantly wrong. Why isn't there a system of checks and balances? I must be missing something. I know the system has serious flaws but this? I don't understand. What am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread