Help PsychopathFree with ongoing maintenance costs & remove these ads from your account with a small donation. Learn more
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boredom & the sad reality of being a psychopath

Administrator
    NC Time
    50 Months

Liked
    43,095 times

Dreaming

Lightbulb Boredom & the sad reality of being a psychopath

I just came across this on a forum for psychopaths. It confirmed my longstanding suspicion that being a psychopath is not quite as wonderful as they try to convince themselves.

So you don't have to click any links, here is the discussion copy/pasted:

Extreme boredom is apparently one of the symptoms of psychopathy. It's so extreme for me that I nearly go insane. I have hobbies but sometimes they bore me also. So my question is, how do all of you deal with it?

I am not sure, sometimes it becomes such a re-occurring thing that I start wondering if there will be anything to relieve it. Sex is one thing that helps me, but sometimes even that is not worth the effort, seeing that I do not have any long term relationships. I wonder if I was able to have a long term relationship if I would be able to have enough distraction, I doubt it. Maybe we can collaborate. We have alot of stray cats in my town!

i have found that daydreaming about stuff i want to do is a good temporary solution, but i have not discovered and long term fixtures

I totally agree with sex. That's definitely something that is not boring. Personally I enjoy gambling as well, although I know that is not always the case with people like us.
    So there you have it, folks. For anyone who thinks psychopathy is some sort of strength because they don't feel pain, this is (one of the many) side effects that goes along with it.

The cold reality of living without a soul.

I'll gladly take my occasional sad day over a perpetual, nagging boredom.
    Chiquitita, you and I cry, but the sun is still in the sky & shining above you. Let me hear you sing once more like you did before.ABBA

2. Advertisement

Imagine being so bored that you can't do a damned thing but sit there and be bored.

I didn't see "read a book" as an option.

Administrator
    NC Time
    50 Months

Liked
    43,095 times

Dreaming
    Imagine being so bored that you can't do a damned thing but sit there and be bored.

I didn't see "read a book" as an option.
    No, just sex, gambling, and killing stray cats. What a life :rolleyes:
    Chiquitita, you and I cry, but the sun is still in the sky & shining above you. Let me hear you sing once more like you did before.ABBA

No, just sex, gambling, and killing stray cats. What a life :rolleyes:
    Sounds just like the ex. He did have a few books but they all had to have pictures. All that text - it's boring.

NC Time
    33 Months

Liked
    21,030 times

Cool
    That could explain why they do some of the things they do. Boredom that goes on day after day after day.........
    “Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.” - Mark Twain

NC Time
    26 Months

Liked
    521 times
    How very interesting, Peace.

You know, my husband strikes me as a person who is always looking for something exciting. When he was younger, he used motorcycles and sex to get adrenaline highs. He told me that himself. But now that he has started to experience some physical problems and he can't ride his bikes any longer, he seems pretty bored. He likes adventure and action movies, but I haven't seen him delve into any new hobbies. Whenever I make suggestions about things he could do, or that we could do together, he doesn't seem interested.

I actually have thought many times that he's one of the most boring human beings I've ever met. So, from what I now understand, psychopathy and boredom generally go hand in hand, right? Do you know why that's true?
    "A scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."..........Chris Cleave, Little Bee

Administrator
    NC Time
    50 Months

Liked
    43,095 times

Dreaming
    I'm not positive, Luminous, but if I had to guess I would say Rydia is spot on - their nasty behavior is oftentimes a way to deal with their boredom. By watching other people suffer, at least they can forget about the emptiness for a while.

Normal loving people find peace from routine & tranquility, seeking consistency with their partners - dreaming of a future. That doesn't mean there aren't surprises along the way, but the basis of the relationship is one of loyalty. Psychopaths are always doing the opposite, injecting drama and doubt into their relationships. Trying to uproot everything. Honestly, it sounds like a hellish way to live to me.

Contributing Member
    NC Time
    31 Months

Liked
    7,095 times

Dreaming
    Reading it felt as listening to a psychopath i have lived.
    I am way too triggered today. Should go and write something for myself.

Love you all
    “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”
    ― Albert Camus, The Stranger

How very interesting, Peace.

You know, my husband strikes me as a person who is always looking for something exciting. When he was younger, he used motorcycles and sex to get adrenaline highs. He told me that himself. But now that he has started to experience some physical problems and he can't ride his bikes any longer, he seems pretty bored. He likes adventure and action movies, but I haven't seen him delve into any new hobbies. Whenever I make suggestions about things he could do, or that we could do together, he doesn't seem interested.

I actually have thought many times that he's one of the most boring human beings I've ever met. So, from what I now understand, psychopathy and boredom generally go hand in hand, right? Do you know why that's true?

They have no ability to feel fulfilled. They're just empty vessels. All they have are short-term thrills, until they burn out mentally or physically.

NC Time
    26 Months

Liked
    521 times
    Yes, it would be a hellish way to live. I couldn't endure it.

Maybe that explains why I was such a nervous wreck while I was a child growing up in the constant chaos of my crazy home. I thrived on serenity, peace, calmness, kindness, and routine when I was child. But both of my parents thrived upon daily craziness and chaos. Truly, living in my home was a type of hell for me.

I don't want any of that craziness......any of it......in my life any longer, Peace. That's why I am taking the steps to leave this relationship. I keep yearning for the kindness and the love and the peace that I offer to others. I want someone in my life who is like that, too, not someone who is a big baby whenever he doesn't get his own way.
    "A scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived."..........Chris Cleave, Little Bee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast