Help PsychopathFree with ongoing maintenance costs & remove these ads from your account with a small donation. Learn more
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7 Warning Signs

Administrator
    NC Time
    38 Months

Liked
    29,134 times

Dreaming

7 Warning Signs

From the ANA Facebook group:

1. You feel like killing yourself
    2. You used to be bubbly, happy, carefree and loving - now you question yourself, dont trust others and are constantly feeling defensive
    3. Youre accused of things you don't do
    4. You feel like you're crazy
    5. You CANT resolve any conflicts with the person and always feel like there's so much more to say, but youre not allowed
    6. You're at the center of defending yourself against a smear campaign brought on by lies told by the narcissist
    7. You wonder what the hell is wrong with you

I've written a new book! More information here:
    https://www.psychopathfree.com/showthread.php?12562-The-Psychopath-Cure-A-New-Book-by-Peace

Your abuse was not the result of weakness. In fact, it illuminated some of your most beautiful & human qualities.

2. Advertisement

Too often people seem to think that emotions are the enemy... that they cause us to be irrational or illogical. They are suppressed... we don't show them... we ignore them... and where does that get you? If you are paying attention to how someone makes you feel then you can likewise allow this to guide you closer or further from them.

The psychopath has a way to get around this. This is the lovebombing. We need to remember not to embrace new people in our life... hold them at arms length. Psychopaths are not often very patient.

Administrator
    NC Time
    38 Months

Liked
    29,134 times

Dreaming
    Absolutely psychobear - this is why I love the question: "How are you feeling today?". It answers so much more than "Is he really a psychopath?"

We start to realize that our feelings tell us everything we need to know. If we don't like how we feel around someone, why should they have a place in our lives? Who cares if he's a psychopath, sociopath, narcissist, or a garden-variety butthead. The answer is already in our heart.
    https://www.psychopathfree.com/showthread.php?12562-The-Psychopath-Cure-A-New-Book-by-Peace

Your abuse was not the result of weakness. In fact, it illuminated some of your most beautiful & human qualities.

Contributing Member

Liked
    2,808 times

Sad
    Yes to all 7
    Great list...

what's ANA?
    1 Like: Mason

Administrator
    NC Time
    38 Months

Liked
    29,134 times

Dreaming
    2 Likes: Adora, Mason

Contributing Member

Liked
    2,808 times

Sad
    that's a great FB page, thanks for the link
    3 Likes: hungrywoman1, Mason, Peace

NC Time
    19 Months

Liked
    1,333 times

Angelic
    From the ANA Facebook group:

1. You feel like killing yourself
    2. You used to be bubbly, happy, carefree and loving - now you question yourself, dont trust others and are constantly feeling defensive
    3. Youre accused of things you don't do
    4. You feel like you're crazy
    5. You CANT resolve any conflicts with the person and always feel like there's so much more to say, but youre not allowed
    6. You're at the center of defending yourself against a smear campaign brought on by lies told by the narcissist
    7. You wonder what the hell is wrong with you
    It's a good list Peace, but some of things apply more than others for me. I was determined all along to survive and never considered killing myself an option! Who knows why? Maybe because I have a family who would be absolutely devastated and damaged perhaps permanently if I were to ever do such a thing. Permanent solution to a temporary problem? Besides, I refuse to give him that satisfaction! Let him wither and die on the vine from lack of attention is my philosophy!

I know crazy coming from a family where I had a dysfunctional parents. I grew up with mom in semi-permanent residence at the State Mental Hospital along with other similar patients. I was also told years ago by a Psychiatrist and Psychiatric social worker who separately agreed that if anything, I was stronger, and healthier than most people! I am at peace, as I know I'm okay!

I was vulnerable to the psychopath because I was lonely and wanted a best friend, lover and companion! I believe those to be pretty common and normal emotions. That was my deficit and weakness. I had a lot of love to give a man and none to give it to.

Funny thing, while my youngest sister is considered the "rock" of the family, I'm the one she relies on for support! My rep (at least prior psychopath) was that of being a of a strong, stable, honest person. Those who know me, know that still applies and those who would believe the psychopath, don't really matter to me!

Yes, the famous smear campaign. He's done some of that, but I've also been known to go on the offensive calling a spade a spade so to speak. I don't know that I've ever had a bubbly, spontaneous personality, but when I'm in a light-hearted mood, I can laugh, joke and have a good time! I'm a pretty serious cat though, and I enjoy life. My answer was to shut those engaging in the smear campaign down, blocking and deleting them.

Now regarding the issue about having something to say and not being able to say it, definitely applies! He'd forbid me from discussing various subjects, and I began walking on eggshells around him! After the D&D, he has since then, pretty much pretended that I don't even exist! So, okay. We are NCEA! I get curious about him from time to time, but I believe he's largely maintaining a low profile and most of the time, I forget to even wonder about him or even think to look! Whew! Happy about that!

Good list and thanks for posting it. Love it!
    Last edited by Mason; 02-08-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Hang on tight! It does get better!

+ Reply to Thread