Help PsychopathFree with ongoing maintenance costs & remove these ads from your account with a small donation. Learn more
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to tell a Psychopath from a Narc ?

Liked
    46 times

How to tell a Psychopath from a Narc ?

I probably don't belong in this group, as my ex never physically harmed me. He was just ALL ABOUT HIM. A narc for sure. He bought me a few things, but when we were together and online he made derogatory remarks about whatever he could find, and if I called him on it, I would get the silent treatment. Or he would ask what was wrong with ME?

Does a psychopath need to do physical harm to be called one? I feel like he might have turned that way if we had lived together, but don't really know. I still think about him even with the awful D&D. Though not so much now since it's been 10 months. Hope the thinking goes away altogether soon!!!

2. Advertisement

NC Time
    21 Months

Liked
    13,351 times

Doh
    Mine never physically harmed me either, but he still did a lot of damage. No, they don't have to get physical to be psychopaths.

Liked
    46 times
    Thanks Rydia.

Administrator

Liked
    27,910 times
    Hi Dora Viola,

Psychopaths can cause destruction in all sorts of ways. Their harm does not have to be physical. They can destroy a person without even lifting a finger.

They are conscienceless predators who seek to take from others. They will lie, cheat, steal, fake, or do whatever it takes to get whatever they want at any given time. They have no empathy. They can only see the world from their own point of view, even if they pretend otherwise.

People use various terms to describe these predators--such as psychopaths, narcissists, or sociopaths. The term psychopath makes it clear that one is dealing with a monster disguised as a human, and not just a narcissistic, conceited person who spends his/her time looking in the mirror. Psychopaths cause deep and profound harm, and the strong term fits.

Anyway, if you want more general information, please look at the "Suggested Reading" section at the very top of the forum page.

For personal support, stay with us!
    Last edited by Victoria; 10-19-2012 at 01:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread