Help PsychopathFree with ongoing maintenance costs & remove these ads from your account with a small donation. Learn more
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brainwashing

Administrator
    NC Time
    63 Months

Liked
    9,483 times

Brainwashing

With out a doubt a psychopath uses brainwashing in his seduction techniques , i dont think my psychopath actually studied formally theses techniques but i do think he spent a life time homing his craft in all his walks of life . A psychopath will develope taylor made persona for everyone he knows , he is a different person to the milkman , the woman in the shop , his family and his work , he will enjoy the manipulation and gain satifaction in pulling the wool over victims eyes . My psychopath would even change his accent to match the person he was talking to such was his need to mirror , even the mirroring was the begiinnings of his brainwashing of that person .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PSDCEAQB-I

Peru xx

2. Advertisement

Administrator
    NC Time
    55 Months

Liked
    45,708 times

Dreaming
    Nice one, Peru! Mine changed the types of smileys he used to match mine... Ugh
    5 Likes: Ailsa, DawnG, Jewels, peru, SMI72

“Chiquitita, you and I cry, but the sun is still in the sky & shining above you. Let me hear you sing once more like you did before.” ABBA

Administrator

Liked
    5,266 times

Balanced
    In my case, the psychopath uses different languages.

The Psycho used the Japanese language, which connected with the terrifying events of my story.

The Psycho uses the Portuguese language with the current victim. The victim is an immigrant and does not speak English, but Portuguese only.

This is actually very scary.
    4 Likes: Ailsa, DawnG, Jewels, Peace

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. - William Shakespeare

“To be strong, and beautiful, and go round making music all the time. Yes, she could do that, and with a very earnest prayer Polly asked for the strength of an upright soul, the beauty of a tender heart, the power to make her life a sweet and stirring song, helpful while it lasted, remembered when it died.” ― Louisa May Alcott, An Old-Fashioned Girl

Liked
    482 times
    So true. My ex-P was a completely different person, based on who he was around (I call them his audience). Thankfully those that know him, know his charade and stay away. We see through the mask of sanity.
    "When someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time" -Maya Angelou

Liked
    64 times
    I am convinced that they are completely empty and have to mirror in order to come over as a human being. The psychopath ex had a thing with having the same drinks as the women he targeted. First time he came over to my place I had a special drink which I buy rarely. From that day on he bought it all the time.Wow,I thought,he must like it a lot. Later we had a Woofer girl staying with us and he was obviously flirting with her and giving me the silent treatment.She was Scottish and drank often 'Iron Brew'. The psychopath started to drink it too.Then,after she had left,psychopath came back from shopping with 2 bottles of Iron brew! They continue doing it even if the mirrored person is not around.She also was into sudoku puzzles and of course psychopath took that up too. A few months earlier he had condemned me for doing puzzles,that was utterly selfish of me and I could have used that time conversing with him. He added that my previous relationships must have failed because of me doing a puzzle.Well,I should have known that all my attention had to be for him.

Banned

Liked
    785 times
    If somebody buys the same drink or meal as me when out and about I find it creepy. Unfortunately it's very commonplace these days because psychopathic society has taught non-psychopaths this is how they should behave. In the early nineties I remember my housemates inviting me out for a meal with their friends and one friend I found particularly creepy and loud mouthed. She ordered from the menu first and everybody else apart from me and one other chose exactly the same or almost the same which was pasta. I ordered something completely different as I had had pasta for lunch that day. I felt odd for being different but happy to be eating what I had chosen as it was my money used to pay for the food I was eating and I wasn't going to waste in food that I didn't want to eat. Something was niggling me that it was a good thing not to follow suit for the sake of it.
    2 Likes: Ailsa, Bonnie

Inactive

Liked
    12,010 times
    With out a doubt a psychopath uses brainwashing in his seduction techniques , i dont think my psychopath actually studied formally theses techniques but i do think he spent a life time homing his craft in all his walks of life . A psychopath will develope taylor made persona for everyone he knows , he is a different person to the milkman , the woman in the shop , his family and his work , he will enjoy the manipulation and gain satifaction in pulling the wool over victims eyes . My psychopath would even change his accent to match the person he was talking to such was his need to mirror , even the mirroring was the begiinnings of his brainwashing of that person .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PSDCEAQB-I

Peru xx
    Wow, Peru. I know a lot about brainwashing but this never registered.

My first husband (narcissistic traits for sure!) spoke to people in the way he thought they spoke. If a person had a southern accent, he adopted some hokey southern accent. If the person was young like a teenager or 20-something he used some slang like "yo, what's up man?" We called it his "salesman" voice. I don't think he knew how ridiculous he sounded.

The P was a "man's man". He sat with the guys in the bar and poked fun of people they thought were weaker. They were all arrogant and disgusting. To his other long-term friends he is Party Guy, always having them over when I wasn't there to drink and get high. He was respectful to most older ladies. To other women I imagine he is the same as he was with me - if I wanted him I had to chase him a bit, and if I didn't chase then he would turn on the charm or the pity ploy until I caved.

Liked
    482 times
    I am convinced that they are completely empty and have to mirror in order to come over as a human being. The psychopath ex had a thing with having the same drinks as the women he targeted. First time he came over to my place I had a special drink which I buy rarely. From that day on he bought it all the time.Wow,I thought,he must like it a lot. Later we had a Woofer girl staying with us and he was obviously flirting with her and giving me the silent treatment.She was Scottish and drank often 'Iron Brew'. The psychopath started to drink it too.Then,after she had left,psychopath came back from shopping with 2 bottles of Iron brew! They continue doing it even if the mirrored person is not around.She also was into sudoku puzzles and of course psychopath took that up too. A few months earlier he had condemned me for doing puzzles,that was utterly selfish of me and I could have used that time conversing with him. He added that my previous relationships must have failed because of me doing a puzzle.Well,I should have known that all my attention had to be for him.
    Creepy. My ex-P never would drink the beer I drink (Coronas) but soon after that, that was all he'd drink. Or if I asked him what he wanted at a restaurant, he'd order and then eat off my plate, commenting how I always choose the right or better thing. Later, he'd have me choose or would say that he didn't care (which drove me insane). Many times I'd choose per his request, then he'd complain. He was a ball of confusion. Or when I first met him, all he would eat was white bread and was very picky, then as time went on, he changed to not being picky (I am not picky) and would only eat wheat bread, commenting how much better for you it is (my reasoning). We used to argue over white/wheat bread back in the day lol how stupid is that?

I noticed the same thing with words that people use, like I use the word 'chica' when I talk to my girl friends, and now he uses the word. Or even telling stories, he'd tell me things then I'd go to his brothers and would hear the same stories (like he adopted them). I believe you are absolutely right Ailsa, they are so empty that they mirror whomever they are around and continue to do so when that mirrored person is not around.
    2 Likes: Ailsa, Bonnie

"When someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time" -Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread